Join Staff – Port Moresby Campus
Join the pioneering team as we establish the YWAM Medical Ships satellite campus in Papua New Guinea’s capital city, Port Moresby.
The campus will provide vocational training for young people, and serves as an outreach hub for YWAM Medical Ships Australia & Papua New Guinea’s (YWAM MS) work across PNG; including the YWAM Medical Ship, YWAM Dental Trailer, and land-based teams.
Our desire is to maximise your unique gifts, skills, passions, and strengths, all while empowering you to serve others.
About our Campus – “The Jetty”
The YWAM Medical Ships Port Moresby campus is on a waterfront property near Vabukori village, located five kilometres from Port Moresby’s city centre. The property was originally built as a Water Sports Complex for the South Pacific Games in 2015, and is affectionately known as “The Jetty”.
When YWAM MS first moved into the property 12 months ago, the property was extremely vandalised with extensive work to be done. Renovations are currently underway to repurpose the property as a vibrant training campus and outreach hub, including:
- Increased accommodation capacity for students and volunteers
- Kitchen and amenities upgrade
- Service facilities for YWAM Dental Trailer that will serve schools throughout Port Moresby
The campus currently has accommodation for up to 50 people on site, with development currently underway to bring the accommodation capacity up to 100.
Conceptual plans of the YWAM MS Port Moresby Campus
Current photo of the YWAM MS Port Moresby Campus
Our volunteer staff team is a diverse mix of different nationalities, ages, skills, giftings, and backgrounds. Their dedication and passion makes what we do possible, and we are always looking to expand our team!
Staff have a range of opportunities to engage in, including:
- Delivering seminars focused on personal development topics in high schools
- YWAM Dental Trailer visits to schools – logistical support, clinical support, and delivering oral health education
- Elementary and primary school education support – Literacy Assistant Program & Educating for Life Program
- Operations (kitchen, housekeeping, community life)
- Medical Ship outreaches to remote communities
- Training administration
- Course leaders and mentors
- Bible distribution
- Property development and construction projects
Most staff will have the opportunity to engage in a range of roles and projects, including a mix of outreach opportunities and mission support roles.
The prerequisite to join staff is the completion of a YWAM Discipleship Training School (DTS).
How joining staff works
All of our staff are self-funded, full-time volunteers that invest their time and skills in our work in PNG. Staff will be required to start with a two-year staff internship program. This two-year program includes a range of ministry opportunities and weekly input that’s designed to provide character and leadership development.