We are proud to be based in Townsville for the past 27 years. After much perseverance, faith, hard work, and the generosity of many, we have seen our operations grow from a small house in the suburb of West End, to a warehouse, to eventually an entire block in Townsville’s city.
The Townsville City Campus serves as a resource campus for the YWAM Training and Medical Ship, 99.9 Live FM, our youth work, and our registered training. The campus also accommodates our full-time volunteer staff and students.
The YWAM Townsville City Campus (former Barrier Reef TAFE property) is the oldest educational facility in Townsville. Since moving into the facility in 2013, our goal has been to preserve the unique heritage of the building while maximizing the existing facilities, space, and its incredible location; contributing toward Townsville’s vision of attracting more young people to live and work in the city.
Since 2013, the campus has undergone a series of developments, helping to shape it into the dynamic live-learn hub that it is today. The campus is a wonderful home-base for mobilising workers to serve in North Queensland, Papua New Guinea, and beyond.
- Accommodation (dormitory-style for up to 250 people and 26 apartments)
- Commercial kitchen, cafe, and dining room
- Media Hub – 99.9 Live FM studios and video recording studio
- Auditorium and theatrette
- Classrooms and library
- Two large digital billboards that serve as a community noticeboard and fundraising tool for 99.9 Live FM.